As a general rule, we *always* preserve patch's author information in the
commits.

There have been, however, occasions where more than one contributors
have worked together on a single feature and whenever it had made sense,
voluntarily squashed commits under a single contributor's name. Even in
such cases, the commit retains one of the original contributor's
information.

Mongo storage plugin [1] is one such example.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-drill/commit/2ca9c907bff639e08a561eac32e0acab3a0b3304