> On Jan 5, 2015, at 4:20 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For your reading and wrangling pleasure, I offer:
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorV2.
>
> The goal of this exercise is to turn the idea of the pTLP into a
> practical alternative. By 'practical', I mean: 'based on the
> constraints as I see them'; the board and comdev are not going to find
> a little bottle labelled 'drink this' and swig away at new
> responsibilities.
>
> I'm not offering this to advocate for it, or against it. My purpose is
> more to argue that it would be a ton of work. 'Mentors in the Project'
> in the existing, messy, noisy, IPMC would be a lot less work and has
> the potential to deliver comparable results on the important issues.
>
> But if people want to take this up, or if someone wants to campaign
> for chair using this as a platform, that would be more productive that
> discussing the pTLP alternative in the abstract.

IMO, the “noise” comes from the IPMC discussing new processes, roles, etc.,
when mentors fail to do their jobs.

This proposal is essentially a re-boot with the hopes that bad mentors don’t
make it into the new world order.

What we really need is less rules, less trial bureaucracy mechanisms, less
roles, and simple mechanisms to hold mentors accountable to the task that they
signed up to perform.

Regards,
Alan