Hi,

> Regarding the license/notice being different for binary vs. source releases
> if anyone has
> pointers to examples of this that would be helpful.

As per [1] the source LICENSE should only mention what's bundled in the source
bundle and the binary LICENSE should only mention what's bundled in the binary
release.

I think you have the content right (hence my +1)  just that there's no need to
mention the binary parts in the source release LICENSE. Having extra content in
license is not as bad than having missing licences.

I'd suggest (and it's only a suggestion) having two files (eg LICENSE.src and
LICENSE.bin) in version control and put in right one into each bundle (and
rename to LICENSE) as part of your release process. There are other approaches
ie construct each LICENSE file from parts, but this seems the simplest way to
me.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle