Steve Loughran wrote:
As gour said, those binaries are just a bit of hadoop-2.6 needed to try to get
slider-windows on jenkins to work

Given that for other issues with getting that build up related to the FS, I can
just cull these and if/when I get back to getting that build working (which may
need changes to Hadoop) I'll stick those native libs up somewhere&  have the
build D/L them. I've promised to create a set of binaries for the ASF Hadoop
releases —probably initially just locally, maybe later serving them up via mvn.

w.r.t rat, I thought we were doing this, though as we've been changing to
handing off the build to mvn rather than more manual, it may have
unintentionally culled from the process.

I was a little surprised at this as well because I'm rather certain I explicitly invoked the rat-plugin by hand when I was vetting it.

I don't see any exclusions at a glance, so either I'm not remembering what I actually checked correctly or something fishy is going on. Either way, it's a lesson learned to not rely solely on RAT :)

release cancelled; we'll repeat once the concerns are addressed.

-Steve