On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan
<dsetrak...@apache.org> wrote:

> In this case, can we resume the voting for the release?

Sure, voting has actually never stopped. :)  Even if Justin or I were
to vote -1, release VOTEs are majority approval with minimum of 3
binding +1 votes.  The Release Manager can technically choose to
continue or not.

Now if anybody finds something serious, the RM would ordinarily be
expected to cancel the vote. But nevertheless, I encourage you to
question IPMC voters and our reasoning.  We may have some accumulated
expertise, but none of us are lawyers.  I see from the PPMC vote
thread that there one of your Mentors suggested going to
general@incubator earlier.  That might have been a good idea -- here
first, then maybe legal-discuss@apache later if we couldn't come up
with a definitive answer.

>> I'd suggest opening a ticket to correct the headers.
>>

> Fixing them right now.

Nice!

> The new 1.0 release with corrected headers will be
> submitted for PPMC vote on Monday.

Hmm, I'm confused.  This is 1.0-RC3.  I would ordinarily expect that
to become 1.0 once the release vote succeeds.  While Apache isn't
going to force a particular versioning scheme on you, I don't think
you can put out two releases with the same version number.  That would
result in identically named artifacts with different content and
security mechanisms going berzerk as a consequence.

Marvin Humphrey