Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Parquet 1.6.0 release. This RC passed the vote in the Parquet community with 2 binding IPMC votes. The thread is here:
* http://s.apache.org/parquet-1.6.0-ppmc-vote

This is the first Apache release of Parquet MR. Like the 2.2.0 release of Parquet Format, this uses the old parquet.* package names and will be immediately followed by a 1.7.0 release that is strictly a move to org.apache.parquet.* packages and artifacts.

The commit id is 4f660778f89d4164c72676f6b15bbc74c0d09373.
* http://s.apache.org/apache-parquet-mr-1.6.0-incubating-rc2
* https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/tree/4f660778

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/apache-parquet-mr-1.6.0-incubating-rc2/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/KEYS

Full changes for the release can be found here:
* https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/blob/4f660778/CHANGES.md#version-160

Please download, verify, and test. Building the project requires both protoc and thrift compilers. We recommend versions 2.5.0 and 0.7.0 and there are build instructions in the README.

This vote will close in 3 days.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Parquet Format 1.6.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Ryan Blue