On 04/27/2015 10:18 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) wrote:
I’ll note that the only person I see from infra that has been proposed
in the current PMC is Jake Ferrel:

* Acquia: Jake Farrell

Someone also correct me in that I don’t think Jake is a paid infra
contractor.

In addition the way I see this is that it is no different e.g.,

than contributing upstream to FreeBSD or whatever - Infra contractors
may fix something and decide it’s in the ASF’s best interests to
contribute it upstream - same may happen for Whimsy. But to date,
ASF infra folk that are contractors I believe are not proposed to
be directly paid to contribute to Whimsy. Should they do so, great.
But in the famous words of Sam Ruby let’s deal with this if there
is an actual data point instead of hypotheticals.

David states in his initial email that he has a paid contractor who hase working on Whimsy as one of his paid duties. This is not a hypothetical.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon