On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 1:15 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...My fear is that with all the concerns that given all the concerns that
> have been raised, the
> board my not accept it come time for graduation....

Indeed. The "separate thread on board@" that Jake mentions was me
polling the board to see if there might be objections to the name at
graduation time. Although the answer is not black and white, a lot of
concerns have been raised regarding the high potential for confusion
between the Mesos and Mysos names. So I'd say the're a reasonable
probability of the board rejecting the name at graduation time. But
depending on how long incubation goes it might not be the same board
as today, so that's all hypothetical anyway.

This is not about trademarks or lawyers, just a practical concern as
the confusion is not helpful for either project.

> ...I don't think the naming issue should block Mysos from entering
> incubation; I just think
> the project should address the issue early....

Absolutely, changing the name later is fine and I'm not against the
project incubating, not at all. But if the name has to change anyway,
it's much easier to change it before any infrastructure is created.

The goal of my -1 is just to express my disapproval of the name, and
I've made it clear that that -1 does not prevent the project from
entering incubation, as this is a majority vote. It just felt wrong to
me to vote +1 as I think the name Mysos is a bad idea.

-Bertrand