Stefan,

In order to "open source" something, you have to define what you mean by
"open source".  If you mean that anybody can do anything at all with the
code including claim it as their own, then you mean to put it into the public
domain <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain>.

If you mean anything else at all, then you have to specify what you mean.
Even if all you want to say is that people have to admit that you wrote the
code, you have to specify that.

The way that you specify what you want is to pick or write a license.