+1

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Ted Dunning<mailto:ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎10/‎22/‎2015 6:10 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org<mailto:general@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: Marvin Humphrey<mailto:mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject: Re: When podlings don't file a report

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 11:01 PM, Ross Gardler <ross.gard...@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Your reply is fine, except that your original question was about what
> happens when “If it turns out that the Mentors have been reminding the
> podling to file but nobody's followed through”
>
> In other words mentors have already said “I’m on it” and have already
> tried to fix the problem. Your reply to my solution is addressing a step
> before that.

At that point, I think that the IPMC chair or delegate should be stepping
in and evaluating the situation.

These cases are very likely candidates for withdrawal in my book because
either

1) the community has dissipated beyond ability to act

or

2) the community has little or no interest in responding

The exceptional case is that the podling leader needs replacement.

These should be more unusual than they are, but it definitely happens.