On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 7:55 AM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> So.... basically if someone attaches a patch to a JIRA, which becomes part
> of our public mailing lists, we're good?

If that code was all that poster's original work, not previously
published elsewhere (particularly under a different license), then
that's fine.

If that code was previously developed elsewhere, had multiple
contributors, and made available (particularly under a different
license), then no.

I'll also note that the goal of IP Clearance isn't to disallow such
contributions, it is merely to make sure that we capture all of the
relevant history (IP provenance) for posterity.

> Would github PR's fall under the same premise, since the contents of those
> mails become public record?

See above.

- Sam Ruby