On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 5:20 AM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nobody is forcing anything.
>
> Personally, I am saying RTC is destructive, and am willing to give every
> podling that message.

If it is truly destructive, SHOULDN'T you/we be trying to force
something?  And if not, doesn't that mean that it isn't really all
that destructive?

 As a Director, would you consider stop approving reports from ASF
projects that operate under a RTC model?  If not, aren't you sending a
mixed message?

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  To be clear: I am not a fan of RTC when applied to release.next
branches.  I can't conceive of myself wanting to participate in a
community that does so and chooses to use SVN.  And if a community
that used RTC turned out to not be healthy, that would be one of the
first things I would suggest that they explore changing.  But if a
community is healthy (and there demonstrably are quite a number of
healthy communities using RTC), then I personally wouldn't chose to
interfere.