On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 7:10 AM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 5:57 AM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>

>> P.S.  To be clear: I am not a fan of RTC when applied to release.next
>> branches.
>
> I'd appreciate your explanation of this, as "most" CTR communities apply
> RTC to a branch as they prepare a release. What disturbs you about this
> approach?

Agreed that "most" CTR communities apply RTC to a branch as they
prepare a release.  Normally when they do so, there is a branch (could
be trunk or master, could be something else like "develop" or even the
working name for the next release) which is where things intended for
the *next* release go.

I'm generally OK with "please work over there while we prep a
release", which is what I meant by "release.next" branches.

Going a bit further, I can live with RTC when commits are reviewed promptly.

I avoid projects where reviews are mandatory and are done on a time
permitting basis.

> Cheers,
> -g

- Sam Ruby