From: Tim Williams<mailto:william...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎12/‎5/‎2015 5:08 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org<mailto:general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [PORPOSAL] Fineract

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Ross Gardler
<ross.gard...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm replying top of thread as this is a general reply regarding mentors.
>
> We just added Greg Stein as a third mentor. He wasn't on the originally
> submitted proposal as he was just checking on availability before confirming.
>
> Based on recent conversations in the IPMC I (as champion) advised the project
> stick to a single mentor who was willing to put his/her head on the block.
> This individual would take full responsibility for rapid turnaround on all
> items needing mentor feedback. However, the team had already discussed the
> proposal with a number of other people. As a result they feel that 3 mentors
> is appropriate, respecting both IPMC traditions and those already advising
> the community. Hence we have three mentors. We are not seeking more.

This isn't about "seeking more" - literally a perfectly qualified
[potential] mentor fell in your lap.  Do what you want, this just
feels incredibly counter-cultural to me - that is, to actively turn
away an eminently qualified volunteer.  I think it's both unwise in
this specific instance and a poor example to hint that its
acceptable/desirable in general.

Anyway, best wishes to Fineract...

Thanks,
--tim

** Just to be clear, I'm well aware that the other three mentors are
rock solid as well:)