I started a Google doc to try to clear this up in a simple "if/then" type
layout:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eftfjrWpOG-dRkw9dZWRfcj3p_qCeE5xC-G0Y5j29Ck/edit

I have a bunch of confusion/open questions still, and email threads don't
seem to be the best way to clear these things up, because different people
have different opinions. Perhaps people could take a look at the above doc
and add comments? This could then become a reference guide (or adendum to
the existing licensing howto?).

-Todd