I have some reservations with what you're proposing, and would like you to
consult w/ legal-discuss on this first.

There's a difference between what Mynewt did and what you're proposing.
Specifically, this was a transitive dependency that they relied upon
indirectly, so its more of a call out for the library that was leveraging
it.  They also intended to replace the library.

In your case, you're directly tied to a presently LGPL'd library.  You have
no intentions (from what I can see) of moving off of the library.

I'm also doubting their long term goals of moving to MPL.  If you look at
[1], you'll see that the page hasn't been updated since October 2014.  In
addition, looking at the pages revision history (the beauty of wikis), the
intent to move to MPL was published in December 2013, making the statement
over 2 years old.

I think while this might be OK for an initial incubator release, the
project needs to weigh very heavily if it wants to continue to leverage
ZeroMQ or not going forward.

[1]: http://zeromq.org/area:licensing