We documented it in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-959
and on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAVERNADEV/Taverna+Cryptography+review

See also
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-250?focusedCommentId=15272500&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15272500

> Taverna Language (while primarily an API for designing workflows) includes a
> component which functionality is data storage in a ZIP file - the encryption
> functionality of HTTP Components is however not used, and so Language should
> not be registered. (unless we make a binary distribution that includes HTTP
> Components)

> Taverna OSGi's Download API module is "Sending, receiving or storing
> information" and so should be registered because it is using HTTP Components
> and can do https.

> Taverna Engine's Credential Manager module is doing "information security"
> and should be registered.

> Taverna Common Activities are "Sending, receiving or storing information"
> (talking to web services) and should be registered.

> Taverna Command Line is primarily running a workflow, and should NOT be
> registered (unless you consider a workflow to be primarily sending/receiving
> information) - however if we make a binary distribution it would include
> Bouncy Castle, Derby, HTTPComponents as JARs, and at that point needs to be
> registered.

The README notes show the findings in detail. See the individual repos.

We have not done a detailed review on the workbench* modules as we are
not yet releasing them - however our release of the above is currently
blocked on this ECCN registration.

On 5 May 2016 at 02:23, Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My guess is that this would fall to me.
>
> There is considerable analysis to be done to determine whether filing is
> required.
>
> Are you guys documenting the decision points?
>

> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2 May 2016 at 03:23, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Formally - would it need to be the Incubator PMC chair sending the
>> > ECCN encryption email?
>>
>> Could anyone from IPMC (e.g. our mentors) do it, or just Ted Dunning?
>>
>> --
>> Stian Soiland-Reyes
>> Apache Taverna (incubating), Apache Commons RDF (incubating)
>> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718