My reaction (being ignorant of the machinery behind phonebook and
authorization) is that adding to asf-authorization-template on podling creation
would be ok (since it is done only once per podling, by a mentor who presumably
knows what they are doing) but adding to asf-authorization-template each time a
committer is appointed is probably too error-prone.

I might be naive but it seems that the fact that x is a committer to podling y
should be represented in one and only one place and the phonebook ought to
drive from that.

Julian