Hello,

This is a call to vote on the patch release 2.0.1-incubating (Release
Candidate 1).

The changes were small, just to address things that came up in the 2.0.0
reviews, primarily addressing the issue that prevented providing a
convenience binary of the clients package.

Changes since 2.0.0:

   [TRAFODION-2024] Openssl libraries (ssl & crypto) are linked dynamically

   [TRAFODION-2023] Clarify license text; Also small mods to instructions
on running RAT

   Bump release version number to 2.0.1; Also backported a one line change
to a test expecting specific release number

The trafodion community has approved RC1 for release.

<
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/428f04f6f2a3d500f31d059a92a44770d2a2b6f59f2a0f33d6a0c93f@%3Cdev.trafodion.apache.org%3E

The tag for this candidate is “2.0.1rc1”. Git repository: git://
git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-trafodion.git;a=tag;h=7f4add54e46bb5395069e2b77bcdfa4024efc006

Release artifacts are:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.0.1-RC1

Artifacts are signed with my key (7F14AF20), which is in

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS

Instructions:

  Setting up build environment:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environment

  Building:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours, unless cancelled.

I will not be available next week, so Roberta Marton will be following up
on this release.

Thanks,

--Steve