Hi Martin,

The intended audience for our project are users in the Apache Hadoop
ecosystem looking for transactional and operational SQL. We provide a
transactional and operational SQL engine on top of Apache HBase, with some
support for non-transactional operation on Hive tables. By operational, we
mean to include large reporting queries that one might do on a
transactional database.

Here's a pointer to our latest Podling Report (search for the string
"Trafodion"): https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2016

So far we have accomplished two releases: 1.3.0 and 2.0.0 (which was in
discussion at the time the podling report was written).

Very short-term objectives are we have a patch release 2.0.1 that needs
approval. Short-term we are likely to have a Release 2.1 within the next
few months.

Long-term we hope to move to TLP. The biggest issue at the moment is
expanding our community, as most of the developers and active committers
are at one company.

Our SDLC is a comprehensive branch model. We actively merge up any patches
to older branches onto the latest branch. We use git for our source
control. We use Jenkins to automate build and test of changes before they
are committed. There is a culture within the podling of quick and thorough
reviews of code changes. Small changes tend to be committed quickly while
larger changes take longer. See
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion.

We have produced a comprehensive set of documentation both of the project
code itself and of the development process. The former can be found here
http://trafodion.apache.org (see the Documentation tab), and the latter in
our wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Apache+Trafodion+Hom
e (see Trafodion Contributor Guide).