Hi all,

the docs about release management for incubating projects make clear
that the release needs to be signed[1] and in the end associated with
the project AND the WOT of Apache in general[2].

Is there some way to check what the owner of a PGP key for former
releases has done to get his association to the WOT, if any? I would
like to understand the needed process better and e.g. found the
following:

http://pgp.surfnet.nl:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0x2E114322

Are all those people/keys on this list someone who signed the key I
searched for and provided association with the WOT this way?

Are the mentioned possibilities in [2] the only way to get such an
association to the WOT? I usually don't visit conferences or
keysigning parties or such.

Am I correct that releases can't be published without such an
association to the WOT at all and BEFOREHAND? Else one could sign and
publish a release and loose the key afterwards or else and the release
would be left without the needed association.

Thanks!

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#signing
[2]: http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html#apache-wot-link

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,