Hi Justin,

Thanks for your review. Please find responses inline.

- Rahul

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m also having trouble reviewing this release.
>
> For instance these files have changed since the 1.9 release but don’t have
> headers. Are they BSD or Apache licensed?
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/deploy/postflight.sh
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/doc/etc/madlib_extra.css
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/methods/array_ops/src/pg_gp/array_ops.c
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/madpack/upgrade_util.py
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/modules/convex/algo/igd.hpp
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/modules/convex/linear_svm_igd.cpp
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/modules/convex/type/tuple.hpp
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/modules/convex/utils_regularization.cpp
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/modules/declarations.hpp
> ncubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/modules/elastic_net/elastic_net_optimizer_fista.hpp
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/modules/elastic_net/elastic_net_optimizer_igd.hpp
> incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/modules/elastic_net/elastic_net_utils.cpp
>
> Al well as a number of .sql_in and .py_in file (which also don’t have file
> headers).

The MADlib community is unclear on how to deal with the dual license.
Till now we've treated all *new* files (i.e. files that were created
after joining Apache) as Apache license with required headers and all
old files under the BSD.

Is it recommended that we add the Apache header on any file that
contains an edit (old or new)?
That will slowly but surely lead to most files containing the Apache
license header. That may not be a bad thing, but I don't know what
that means for the older BSD license.

> Also I found a copyright line that was replaced with "redacted for this
> example”, that seems odd to me.

This "copyright line" is actually the output of a PMML/XML function
that is included in a documentation example. This line is *not* the
actual copyright of that file/page/function. We purposefully changed
that line to say "redacted" in our examples since it was pointed out
during a previous review.