I think one-on-one discovery would indeed be good -- not sure how that
progresses from here, though I can put you in touch directly with the
NetBeans build engineers who will be able to provide all the missing info.
[And, again, this is precisely one big benefit of NetBeans in Apache: we
will have transparent infrastructure and processes so that we will not be
dependent on specialized knowledge of one or two people but be able to
document and externalize this kind of information.]

Gj