On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 5:52 AM, Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> John D. Ament wrote on 1/24/17 8:15 PM:

>> 2. Add a "Podling Maturity Assessment" to the individual podling reports.
>> This would give a clear opportunity for each podling to describe how they
>> are doing, perhaps compared to the maturity model or our classic categories.
>
> +1, with a general encouragement to start each with a simple category.
> That is, when scanning the whole report, it would be very helpful to see
> one of "Ready to Graduate", "Some Community Growth", "No Release" and
> "Still Getting Started" or a similar set of values.  Any additional
> description is great, but having fairly consistent markers really helps
> get a sense of progress across the whole incubator.
>
> Personally I like the maturity model, so using that is great, but I do
> understand that we may not always have cycles to use it.

How we implement this matters a great deal.  It should be possible to figure
out what to do simply from the template -- if it is not clear, I anticipate
befuddlement and backlash.  A lot of our podlings and Mentors do not
participate in these centralized discussions, and a disruptive change to
reporting will incur a large community cost.

Thus, I propose this addition to the template:

    How would you assess the podling's maturity?  Please feel free to add your
    own commentary.

      [ ] 1. Initial setup
      [ ] 2. Working towards first release
      [ ] 3. Community building
      [ ] 4. Nearing graduation
      [ ] Other:

A bit long perhaps, but that will be solved the day we integrate podling
reporting into Whimsy. :)

>> 3. Change the mentor sign off section to include a per-mentor comment.
>> E.g. instead of the current:
>>
>>   [ ](podling) mentor1
>>   [ ](podling) mentor2
>>   [ ](podling) mentor3
>>
>> It would be:
>>
>>   [ ](podling) mentor1
>>   Comments:
>>   [ ](podling) mentor2
>>   Comments:
>>   [ ](podling) mentor3
>>   Comments:
>>
>> And rename Shepherd/Mentor notes: to just "Shepherd notes:"
>
> Big +1.  Having even a sentence for most mentors with their thoughts is
> a huge improvement if we can get it.

I agree, this is very nice.

Marvin Humphrey