On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:15 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 2:52 PM Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
> wrote:

>> I think we all agree on what's going on and I believe (although correct
>> me if I'm putting words in your mouth John) that we all feel the current
>> situation with MADlib is NOT against any policy of ASF.
>>
> Not 100%.  We are saying that code modifications should have been under
> apache license, but they were still under BSD as of the release from last
> year.

What makes you say that?  What do you mean by "they were still under BSD"?
Please point us at a commit.

The podling has received a recommendation from VP Legal.  If you believe that
recommendation was in error, please raise your objection explicitly on
legal-discuss.  If you can't persuade Legal to rescind the recommendation,
then the remaining question is whether the podling is implementing that
recommendation successfully.  I have not yet seen a coherent explanation of
how the podling is failing in this regard.

I'm troubled by how difficult we are making things for MADlib.  They consulted
Legal and got a recommendation.  As far as I know, they're following the
recommendation.  What more can we ask of them?

Marvin Humphrey