I have concern about the DataFu process of removing committers due to
inactivity, as outlined on this wiki page -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATAFU/Becoming+a+Committer

How often has this process been used?

At many Apache projects, merit is considered to never expire. Circumstances
can pull people away from projects for a period of time, I would hope that
if somebody is able to return they are warmly welcomed back.

Mike