I'd be happy to be involved in the discussions as well. This matches
well with the focus we have in the Crail project (www.crail.io) where
we expose new storage technologies, including storage class memory, to
distributed data processing frameworks over high-speed network
fabrics. We are currently working on applying for Apache incubator
with Crail and we're looking for additional mentors :-)