> > - Specific call outs in the README about test data licensing not be
> Apache
> > license
> >

> This is one of the things that are very unclear to me. If we are talking
> about files like these [1][2][3][4][5][6] (they may appear to differ, but
> they actually are all the same: test data), then I believe these were part
> of the initial donation and I don't have a reason to believe these are not
> under the Apache license. Of course we could list them in the README, but
> if that's a requirement, I'd suggest to fix:
> https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions
>
> to include that requirement to avoid further confusion.

I've seen you post this link several times now in this thread.  I
personally have no idea what you'd like to get updated on this page, and
the IPMC cannot help you get that updated, only the legal committee can.

I'm assuming that some of your concerns are around bullet #2 "Test data for
which the addition of a source header would cause the tests to fail."  The
problem looking at this statement vs the file actually in source:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/diff/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/modules/diff/builtin/provider/DiffTestFile1a.txt

It includes a license header "Sun Public License".  This line in the
document is saying to exclude the header, but you're including a SPL
header.  Ultimately, at this point you can't remove the header since it's
already been declared and was not included in the relicensing of Netbeans
to Apache License.

Or am I miss understanding your points around changing this document?