Your RAT exclusions could easily hide major problems. They have done in the
past for other incubator releases. This is particularly true for early
releases from a new podling.

The fact is, the exclusions are for your convenience so that you don't have
to wade through a bunch of warnings that you have already dealt with and
for which RAT is giving a false positive warning. RAT exclusions aren't for
the purpose of hiding serious problems.

No Apache releases can have non-releasable problems, regardless of whether
RAT has been tuned to accept them. If you have cat X dependencies, you
can't release even if you are a brand new project that has a long history
outside Apache. I don't that Netbeans has any such problems and it sucks to
have to do the due diligence, but that diligence really is due before
release.