Hi,

> Here is the precise display:
>
> Can Apache distribute products under a prohibited ('Category X') license?
> No (with a couple of exceptions).Yes but only for some common build tools.
>
> So I go ahead and click "No" because we distribute ALL products under ALv2.
> And the second option is a misdirect because we only distribute inputs to
> tools, not the tools themselves (afaik).

My reading of [1] (and I could be wrong) was that it allows distribution of
Category X build tools in ALv2 software.

Note:
"While such tools may not always be made available under an otherwise
compatible license, specific tools have been OK'ed for inclusion in Apache
distributions when used for that specific purpose."

Auto tools / Autoconf is GPL licensed. If you run rat an any release that has
that in it will flag it as including GPL software.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#build-tools