I don't believe that linking to the status page would satisfy the website
requirement, but solves the 404 issue.  At least in my mind it wouldn't get
them out of needing a website.  I put out three months because that's
that's the longest I've seen the bootstrapping to take.  To make sure I'm
being clear - I'm only trying to help solve the 404 issue.

I think what we need to offer though is a complete solution.  From the
podlings I've dealt with, keeping revision history on websites is usually
not helpful.  If we had a way to retain it great, and may end up being part
of their on boarding.  Seeding them though with a website repository + the
necessary branches to maintain the website would be helpful in kick
starting that process.  They then have a base to build from.  It could be
that we create this skeleton and some tips (I may have already written them
down somewhere).

John