Hi -

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 16, 2018, at 5:13 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
> bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch> wrote:
>
>>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 4:39 PM, Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ...Most places I've seen the CMS still in use was because of svnpubsub,
>> not
>>> necessarily cms.a.o. We use it to commit the output from
>> maven-site-plugin,
>>> javadocs, scaladocs, etc. Am I confused here?...
>>
>> AFAIK both svnpubsub and gitpubsub are fully supported by ASF infra.
>>

> Correct.
>

>> It's the content management part of the ASF CMS that's deprecated.
>

> Grandfathered. No new projects, but projects currently using it, can
> continue to do so. We have other priorities, but will eventually get around
> to a plan to move everybody off the CMS.

Greg - You know which project I’m thinking about - OpenOffice.org. (1) I can
see a way to make Jekyll or something similar function for site generation.
Since I did the migration in I ought to be able to migrate out. (2) The main
challenge is that the CMS provides good in site patching by new contributors on
page. Replacing that method of getting new contributors to easily provide
patches is the hurdle AFAICT. Has Infra thought about a solution for this?

Feel free to move this thread.

Regards,
Dave