On 13 May 2018 at 16:51, Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 May 2018 at 19:07, Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I think the confusion around copyrights in NOTICE files happens because
>> when you bundle a 3rd party ALv2 for with a minimum NOTICE file it is
>> likely that it contains a copyright line you need to copy into your NOTICE
>> file. But for other permissive licenses you don't do this.
>>

> And then, for example, if an Apache project were to bundle code from
> another Apache project (and licensed as such), then that code is still
> covered by the same exact NOTICE usually since it's still referring to the
> ASF.

Huh?
There is no single NOTICE file here.
Each ASF NOTICE file is potentially different depending on the included code.

If ASF project A includes code from ASF project B, the project A
NOTICE file may or may not need updating to take account of the NOTICE
file from project B.
This depends on whether the code from project B needs any specific
terms from NOTICE B.