Hi,

The Taverna podling has its code in multiple git repositories
https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/code/
Most of these were imported from the initial Software Grant

The Taverna PPMC has voted to retire two legacy git repositories that
will stay behind when/if we graduate.

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-plugin-component
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-plugin-bioinformatics

VOTE Result:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/547b87fa93601d42ef77a778f80bf59fe9a300fffd7d3a6bcb7a7d81@%3Cdev.taverna.apache.org%3E

These code bases have NOT fully completed the IP clearance/license
checks (there would be a couple of files that have unknown authorship
or the odd GPL dependency), but have already got the Apache License
headers for the rest (majority) of the codebase, that was covered by
the Software Grant.  Would we need to remove/change those headers?

Do the IPMC need to vote on such 'retiring' of a code case?

Our plan is to do a GitHub owner transfer to our affiliated
https://github.com/taverna-extras/ --  but do let me know if you think
Apache Attic would be better (we could delete the files that miss the
headers).

Do IPMC think that it's OK that we do such a GitHub transfer
(effectively giving a HTTP redirect) rather than just
forking+deleting?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718