From: Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 3:54 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Incubator Workshop

Hi,

> For my part, most courseware is just an *extremely* slow form of
> reading. I really don't need to have somebody read to me.

I tend to agree I also prefer to read something than watch a video, when I do I
using speed it up. However different people learn in different ways. Currently
we have a couple of ways people learn this stuff; from the website, by guidance
by mentors, discussion on mailing lists, and possibly from conferences or
conference recordings. I’ve just finished a qualification in adult learning and
some of the biggest takeaways from it was people learn in differs ways but
learn best when exposed to a a variety of ways and the effectiveness of the “do
it fast”, “do it slow”, “let them do it” method for learning practical skills.

Thanks,
Justin