HI,

>   Recently I tried to propose a guideline to MXNet community to encourage
> PMC members to propose committers that comes from different organizations
> that they come from.

It shouldn't matter at all who a potential committer works for, their merit is
gained by what they do as an individual. Encouraging PPMC members to look
outside their organisation for potential committers is fine, but they should
already be doing that.

If they are currently only putting forward people who work at their own company
then there is an issue. I’ve not looked so this may not be the case here. All
contributions from anybody should be treated equally irrespective of who they
work for.

Perhaps there is another issue here?  Usually I find that podlings set the bar
too high for committership and it's often hard for people who are not employed
to work on the project to get committership, this eventually harms community
growth and makes for a less diverse group of committers.  Sometimes the issue
is that people who contribute slow continual contributions over time go
unnoticed.

Even though a number of committers have been voted in, given the large number
of contributors [1] (629!) perhaps it time to make more people committers?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/graphs/contributors