Julian,

One thing that came to my mind was to use some kind of "code based"
> generation for the slides, notebooks, brochures like Latex, Markdown,
> Asciidoc or else...
> I would not like to force users to use proprietary tools (PPT) to use the
> material.
> And furthermore, this would allow us to have some kind of style files
> which could be personalized for corps and which they could keep for each
> release.
> Another aspect is that it makes the whole versioning way easier as it is
> code and one can see all changes and stuff which is impossible for "binary"
> formats.
> I also think we have enough people here that would be able to easily do an
> automated resources documentation, so that we could always offer "compiled"
> material in pdf in default style or the possibility to do a custom build
> with custom styles.

That would be nice. And I've tried a whole bunch of systems and none of
them worked really well. Either you can't position elements nicely/easily
or you can't have a consistent CI etc. I think this is definitely a
discussion to be had when/if this "project" is established.