In the past, SVN repos have just been made read-only.
(The intention was to move them to
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/RETIRED/ but that never
happened)

I think it would be a mistake to drop the repos.
There's no guarantee that the code is available anywhere else, and it
seems wrong to throw away any effort spent on it at the ASF.