Sorry I have not been following this as closely as I should have.

It was decided after ShardingSphere was accepted into the incubator that the
project would make a final release outside the incubator and then bring the
code into Apache. The release 4.0.0 would be an Apache release.

This was done. The issue is that the "3.0.0 outside Apache" release should not
be associated with Apache but with the previous project.

So, there are not yet any Apache ShardingSphere releases. But there is no
reason to disallow the 3.0.0 release to be published from its previous home.

It looks like the original repositories have been changed to redirect to
Apache. I'd suggest restoring the original https://github.com/sharding-sphere/
<https://github.com/sharding-sphere/sharding-sphere.git>* repositories so they
don't automatically redirect to the Apache podling git repositories.

There are two projects now and they should remain separate. At some point,
people will migrate from the previous project to Apache. But that time has not
come.

WDYT?

Craig

Craig L Russell