Hi Ted,

Maybe I missed somethings totally, but I intended to express my
preference about restructuring of IPMC, not PPMCs:
- Keep only people as IPMC members who can really guide, recruit and
review graduations based on their merits shown in the past in this
specific community;
- Keep active mentors as "mentors", like "committers" in other
projects with no binding votes, but more focused on helping podlings
with details and providing enough info and overview to IPMC.
- No automatic IPMC membership for ASF members without voting based on
their merit in this "incubation" community.

There are concerns in detail, such as how to get 3+ votes in the
releases of podlings that are not close to graduation if mentors don't
have binding votes, how to recognize mentoring contributions from new
faces, etc. Ideas in other threads flow here and there. If IPMC
members are more focused on high-level guidances and reviews, it
should work based on active mentors' helps. Anyway, the above is my
personal preference. It seems fairer to me than today: when podlings
get reviews, voting, and guidances from IPMC; when mentors work hard
to get a podling graduated standing between a podling and IPMC; when a
mentor is recognized and invited to IPMC by the incubation community
for their mentoring contributions; when more dedicated IPMC members
review and cast binding vote with more responsible feedbacks; when
people watch, participate in the lists considering to help podlings in
various ways possibly hoping to be a mentor (committer) someday.

Regards,

Woonsan