Hi -

<snipped>

> IPMC membership has nothing to do with mentor engagement.
>
> If you are trying to diagnose mentorship, then you need to start over with
> a mentorship discussion. If mentors participating at the IPMC don't
> correlate to their mentor engagement with their podlings, that's something
> to address. Changing the IPMC composition has no impact on such a problem.

This is the focus we need. How do we serve podlings with so many seemingly
unengaged, volunteer mentors?

(1) Mentors are each podling community's guide to operating inside the
Foundation as a whole. The goal is to get them fully ready to be a TLP with
proper proven understanding of how to function within the ASF.

(2) The Incubator spends a lot of time collecting reporting. The IPMC can
measure much more about a Podling’s status and report back to the podling
directly with actionable information including guidance that ties to Foundation
guidance and resources.

(3) We need to improve workflows. There is a master file called
incubator/podlings.xml. The TVM addition to it this morning broke the file due
to malformed XML. This is not the first time. This broke Whimsy’s Roster tool
for the whole Foundation. I luckily have been working on the clutch process
with respect to (2) and caught it quickly.

(4) For example, the Infra team has done wonderful work on Gitbox and LDAP. The
Whimsical team has as well. The IPMC needs to work to make our part much less
fragile.

Regards,
Dave