From: Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:31:41 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Mentors SHOULD vote on podling releases prior to asking
IPMC to vote

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 2:09 PM Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 11:30 AM Geertjan Wielenga
> <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> > ...Maybe the PPMC and IPMC vote could run in parallel...
>
> I think the reason for having two votes is to give an opportunity for
> mentors to catch issues in the first one without bothering the IPMC.

The vote on the podling list is more (in my opinion) about giving the
members of the PPMC hands-on practice in catching issues before the safety
net of mentors/IPMC comes into play.  This is one reason why some mentors
sometimes chose to wait a bit before voting on releases.

Best Regards,
Myrle