Vote process.
I would not like to have them on the general@ list, as that adds a lot of noise.

Julian

Am 02.04.19, 16:41 schrieb "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@outlook.com>:

    Myrle makes a good point. As a mentor (is been a long time though) I tried
to cast my vote after there were at least 3 views from the community. Once I
saw the ppmc catching issues I was missing, or I was simply ratifying their
view, it was time to graduate.

    The IPMC should have nothing to do with it, other than as a backstop for
absent mentors.

    Interested IPMC members can join the community like everyone else. They are
not some privileged group that gets special treatment.

    ________________________________
    From: Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>
    Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:31:41 AM
    To: general@incubator.apache.org
    Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Mentors SHOULD vote on podling releases prior to
asking IPMC to vote

    On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 2:09 PM Bertrand Delacretaz <
    bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 11:30 AM Geertjan Wielenga
    > <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
    > > ...Maybe the PPMC and IPMC vote could run in parallel...
    >
    > I think the reason for having two votes is to give an opportunity for
    > mentors to catch issues in the first one without bothering the IPMC.

    The vote on the podling list is more (in my opinion) about giving the
    members of the PPMC hands-on practice in catching issues before the safety
    net of mentors/IPMC comes into play.  This is one reason why some mentors
    sometimes chose to wait a bit before voting on releases.

    Best Regards,
    Myrle