Yes, we (mentors of Zipkin) were informed about the vote in private mail.
I think it should be fine to ping mentor privately about the release
vote, as we cannot always monitor the dev mailing list.
Otherwise, it will some time for us to response the release vote.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem