Hi

Look like the topic changed, somehow? Why?
This should a discussion about the possibility and recommendation about
**parallel vote**.

Let’s stay in that one, OK?

----------------
Back to the topic, as both IPMC and Zipkin mentor,
**parallel vote** is good to improve the slow progress about incubator project
release.

Apache NetBeans project is not alone, I have been there, also I took/am taking
part in several incubating projects.
Not just as mentor or ASF perspective, but as a community member, feature
contributor, even designer.
I have heard many many feedback about the time of release too long.

**parallel vote** fits the project which already have big community and mentors
are active in voting and discussion.
We(Incubator) need at least 3 +1 from IPMC, which could be mentors, and mostly
from mentors, when they are active.
Even in parallel mode, the IPMC still get at least 72 hours to recheck the
release.

The purpose of incubator, from my understanding, is guiding the project to
build the community, be familiar with ASF, following ASF way and get better.
If **parallel vote** could help the project in that way, in this case, I want
to say yes.

I know, if the project community is too young, and the mentors are not active,
parallel vote may make too many traffics.
I would suggest to get the suggestions from project mentors, they should be
know the project better than other IPMC.

Sheng Wu
Apache Skywalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin