Justin Mclean wrote on 5/20/19 9:04 AM:
...snip...>> Or we can improve the script or maybe even move to Markdown
for the
>> input to have more control, if you think this would help.
>
> Markdown might help the board in reviews (but not 100% sure about that), but
> it would be more work for the podlings and some may be reluctant about this
> imposition placed upon them. It does sort of seem a all or nothing sort of
> scenario? Even if the report template contained markdown it can also be quite
> easy to break. From memory it doesn’t support bare links which could be an
> issue? (Although Asciidoctor does.)

Markdown certainly allows bare links, although I suppose depending on
the rendering engine they might or might not be clickable - which isn't
really that important in our case IMO.

For an example of what Whimsy tooling already supports for free
(outputting either text or markdown from plaintext source data):

  https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/orgchart/ (try vp-brand or secretary)

I agree the first step is figuring out how the IPMC can improve their
process and the end result of the report, since that's the biggest
userbase to make changes with.  Then we can focus on what would be easy
- and pretty - for the board to consume.

Thanks for the ideas and progress!

--

- Shane
  Director & Member