Justin,
Thank you so much for your response!
( I feel like I'm in a vacuum at times ... so your help is much
appreciated!! )

I will do a thorough license search.
I will try to locate the WIP Disclaimer ... do you have a link?

Right now I am struggling with pom issue related to the
maven-remote-resources-plugin.
It is creating errors no matter what I do, so I must be doing something
wrong:

   - If I don't have it in pom at all I get the error: "missing required
   source folder: 'target/maven-shared-archive-resources'
   - If I include the plugin in the pom project build as:

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-remote-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${maven-remote-resources-plugin.version}</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>process</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <properties>
                                <projectName>Apache DataSketches Memory
(incubating)</projectName>
                            </properties>
                            <resourceBundles>

<resourceBundle>org.apache:apache-jar-resource-bundle:1.5-SNAPSHOT</resourceBundle>

<resourceBundle>org.apache:apache-incubator-disclaimer-resource-bundle:1.2-SNAPSHOT</resourceBundle>
                            </resourceBundles>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

I get the error: maven-remote-resources-plugin:[1.0,) or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:jar:[1.0,) in
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
elapsed or updates are forced.

Yet I know I have the above versions in my local .m2 !

Changing the versions to 1.4 and 1.1 doesn't help -- still can't find it.

Running mvn process-resources doesn't help.

Running maven project update from eclipse doesn't help.

Now if I place the plug-in into its own profile like this ( found this in a
blog ) :
        <!-- Ignore nuisance warning from Apache parent plugin:
          "maven-remote-resources-plugin (goal "process") is ignored by
m2e".
          This also should fix the Maven warning that it can't find the
lifecycle-mapping jar.
          This profile is only active when the property "m2e.version" is
set,
          which is the case when building in Eclipse with m2e.
          The "ignore" below tells m2eclipse to skip the execution.
        -->
        <profile>
            <id>m2e</id>
            <activation>
              <property>
                <name>m2e.version</name>
              </property>
            </activation>
            <build>
                <pluginManagement>
                  <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                      <groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId>
                      <artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
                      <version>${lifecycle-mapping.version}</version>
                      <configuration>
                        <lifecycleMappingMetadata>
                          <pluginExecutions>
                            <pluginExecution>
                                <pluginExecutionFilter>

<artifactId>maven-remote-resources-plugin</artifactId>

<versionRange>${maven-remote-resources-plugin.version}</versionRange>
                                    <goals>
                                        <goal>process</goal>
                                    </goals>
                                </pluginExecutionFilter>
                              <action>
                                <ignore />
                              </action>
                            </pluginExecution>
                          </pluginExecutions>
                        </lifecycleMappingMetadata>
                      </configuration>
                    </plugin>
                  </plugins>
                </pluginManagement>
            </build>
        </profile>

Then if I do a "mvn clean" I am back to the error: "missing required source
folder: 'target/maven-shared-archive-resources"

Then if I do a "mvn clean process-resources" the errors go away! And I do
get the  "target/maven-shared-archive-resources" folder with the right
stuff.

Studying other project is even more confusing: Apache Pinot and Apache
Druid have the plugin under project build.  (how do they get it to work?)

Apache Beam doesn't specify it at all (they use the maven-resources-plugin).

Apache Commons-CSV doesn't specify the plugin at all.

I am not confident that my placing it in its own profile is the right thing
to do, but it is the only thing that seems to work right now, but no other
project I have found does it this way.

Advice please.

Lee.