Hi,

I also concerned that the initial committer list only contains 3 committers.
Why have you not included others in the community that have made contributions?

I don’t know if this is an issue or not but bring it up just in case you not
aware. I can see that some of the tidyverse packages are under GPL2, the GPL
license is not compatible with the ALv2. I’m not 100% sure what license dplyr
is under. I can see that sparkly depends on several (10+) GPL licensed pieces
of software. Do you see this causing any issue as GPL code can’t be included in
an Apache source release and can’t be a non-optional dependancy of an ASF
project. Have you discussed this with your champion or proposed mentors and
have they flagged this as a possible issue?

I can see that one of the proposed mentors is not an IPMC member (which is
required) and another seems not very active in signing off reports or voting on
releases. Did you think the existing mentors will provide your project with
enough support?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/tidyverse/dplyr/blob/master/LICENSE