On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 12:18 AM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Ha! The Infra team was just talking about that today, with the retirement
> > of Edgent and (cleanup of) Zipkin. Over the years, we've had mixed
> signals
> > about what to do with "Incubator releases" after a podling leaves the
> > Incubator. Some have said "keep them; they are IPMC releases", or "they
> > should follow the graduated podling to their TLP directories", or "just
> > remove them”.
>
> Correct me if I’m wrong but any releases (in /dist/release) will be
> archived and any releases in /dist/dev/ no longer need to be there as they
> are RCs and the like.

Not wrong at all! .. everything on dist.a.o will be copied over to
archive.a.o. Further, dist.a.o is mapped out of Subversion. So all of those
releases are in there, forever. You can 'svn rm' all the dirs you listed,
and they'll disappear off of dist.a.o. But not from archive.a.o or svn
history.

Discoverability/browsing/trimming/clean (DBTC) is the net effect, of your
proposed change. No data loss.

My request is simply that the DBTC has been found desirable by the
Incubator over the past 15 years, in various forms/amounts, so it would be
nice to see you plant a stake in the ground. Infra can then easily follow
that, without having to wonder/ask.

Cheers,
-g