On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 5:16 PM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> There is a possible alternative and that is to not have a incubating area
> and have all projects just use /dist/dev/<projectname> and
> /dist/release/<projectname>. That way no clean up would be needed. The
> releases still have incubator disclaimers and are likely downloaded from
> places where it obvious they are incubating projects. But I assume their
> may be some permission issues with this approach?

This *can* be done, without problem. IPMC would just be responsible for
multiple dev/release areas. Not an issue. We auto-generate ACLs for the
areas, so it may take a little work to figure this out, but it's a Simple
Matter of Programming :-)

With that said, and with my Infra hat on, I'd like to see a thought from
the Legal peeps on whether the incubator/ directory structure layout is a
requirement (to supplement the disclaimers). I know there are distinct
opinions about what/how we host releases on our servers.

Cheers,
Greg
InfraAdmin, ASF